17 July 2008

like sucking blood out of a stone I tell you


There has been an interest in the bundus of late. That is really not good news for me because i was enjoying the novelty of being the only black person (politically correct speak would be person of colour) who lives in the middle of nowhere out of her own free will. But alas, other cool people want to dethrown me of my status. So my days of being the coolest person (of colour) in the bundus are numbers.


So with the family and friends already signing their leave forms, it's too late for me to say no...Ok maybe i am a little chuffed that they are coming all this way to see me. So now I need to get a bigger place,. I mean how difficult can in be to find a vacant flat to rent with my name all over it right? Well let me tell you, its like sucking blood out of a stone.


Unlike in good old civilised Gauteng or even Cape Town, the property developers haven't really thought of spreading those hideous "tuscan" townhouses further than the borders of city life. it seems the bundus are deemed undeserving of such trivial things. There are no rentals whatsoever, the estate agent had to stop herself from laughing when i explained that i needed a place as in yesterday...yes the waiting list is that long.


But there's light at the end of the tunnel in the form of Bed and Breakfast. They are all over the place and the rates are a steal so i guess we now have the accomodation thing sorted. Now i have to figure out a way to explain to my niece (PHD) that there is no KFC in the bundus or any other fast food joint for that matter. You see the only thing my niece loves more than me is KFC, so this is going to hit her real hard...so maybe I should wait a while. My friends, I am not too worried about, there are plenty of kitch joints we can head out to (read Kareoki bar) and if they don't like them 9which i am betting on) then this will be the perfect excuse for me to go to Long Street Cafe, cant hardly wait.


Like i said i am seriously morphing into a farm girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't believe I have seen this said in such an informative way before. You actually have clarified this for me. Thank you!