31 July 2008

u don't seriously expect me to listen to that? do u?

I have been familiarising myself with political speak, and have come across an interesting one the other day. Apparently the word "brainstorming" has now been replaced by "thought-shower" in political jargon. Don't these politicians have too much time on their hands though? So, as I was chilling in the bundus listening to this horrible radio program called "the time tunnel", I had a little thought-shower of my own with the voices in my head. You see, I wasn't going to say anything but after listening to that song about an "umbrella" last year, I honestly thought it couldn't get any worse. But alas, a song called "Lollipop" is now on high rotation and I can't stand it anymore... It's such a pitty that all the good songs neva make it onto mainsteam South African radio. I have gotten together with my trusty old pal, Miss Smarty-pants, and we gonna start a band. You heard right, our name is going to be "the Black nails" and our first single is going to be called "nail varnish, may tarnish"...the rest of the details are still a bit sketchy at the moment but what the hell, when has that ever stopped us. Our ulbum is going to be called "cheer up emo kid"...as soon as we find someone to produce it, we will be rolling in South African rands and then it wont matter to me that a 2kg pack of rice is now costing me R26 rand at the local grocery shop. It is gonna be a grave loss to journalism but hey I can promise you this much, our songs will actually have lyrics in them that don't go "eh eh eh". In the meantime I am going into a "time tunnel" of my own and re-listening to my old hip-hop collection starting with (me and Miss Smarty-pants') favourite song of all time...Glitches by The roots featuring Amel Larrioux ...yeah after all these years, I still cant spell her surname.

2 comments:

po said...

Thought-shower? Haven't heard that one before.

I think your lyrics are brilliant, good luck with cheering up the emo kids though, i think they like being depressed.

neolithic said...

the emo kid angle is just a publicity stunt, we tryna sneak up on them pseudo-r&b and hiphop cats while they're not looking and BAM we on top of the charts:)