14 November 2008

FW:FW....delete

I'm sure you have seen the above in your e-mail inbox before. If you are anything like me, then you immediately press the "delete" button. I really don't like receiving forwarded mail. Especially the ones with graphics of flying angels or jokes (they are never funny). I always hesitate to give out my e-mail address to people I just met because more often that not, they will forward me something. My sister (bless her pretty face) had a penchant for sending me forwarded mail, until I admitted to her that I did not read any of them. A couple of friends are still sending me, but I haven't told them that i do not actually read it, I don't have the heart. So I reply with the mandotory "thanks" or send out a fresh email telling then something useful they need to know (I think that is why e-mails were invented). It's bad enough that women do it, but what possesses a grown man to forward all these fruity chain-mail of the "if u don't send this within two minutes, you will run of luck" variety? What is this world coming to?

2 comments:

po said...

Sigh. I have the same problem. My dad forwards all these things to me. I don't have the heart to tell him that not only do I not read them but they annoy me.

neolithic said...

lol Po,

Family members are always the hardest to break the news to :)