17 November 2008

Illiterate skills @ Zula on Long Str

Compromise.
That is what this night was all about for me. I really really wanted to go and see the Illiterate Skills performance on this night and as you can see from the pictures, I managed to get there. But the problem was I had two wonderful guests (for the purposes of this piece i shall call them "the Joburgers")that I needed to entertain. While we may be old friends and share everything, music was not one of our shared past-times.
I love hip hop (and it loves me back hahahhaha) and they do not. So we had to compromise. Or rather they had to compromise. So I took them to Long str which is rather dead on a Wednesday night and we eventually landed at Zula, because it was open (what are the chances?)
There was an open mic poetry gig called Voices. The atmosphere was great and we had money for drinks and a cab home, so really things were looking up for us that night. After Voices, Illeterate Skills came on and the party continued. The Joburgers were having fun. All was good with the world again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi friends. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that singular brand. The prices for the velcros were around 180 bucks on every site. But definitively I bring about this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you say about it?