04 May 2010

Front page news..

Yesterday was my first day in the newsroom and it started off with a bang. I think journalism is the only field where you get none of that "settle in and get to know the company" nonsense. While other people are busy twiddling their thumbs reading manuals that tell you not to sleep with the boss or abuse company email, I was already out on my first story. I was shadowing one of the senior journalist and she was so cool.

Then later i got a chance to do another story. but you know, it is my first day and all. What are the chances of that story landing up in the newspaper?

Well, I got to work this morning to my smiling news editor telling me that my story was ON THE FRONT PAGE.

I was so excited. And now i am looking at my name on the front page of the Cape Argus and it validates every decision I have made to get here so far.

I was born to do this ;)

here is the story: http://tinyurl.com/2vyrnuu

3 comments:

Kamcilla said...

Yes, you were :)

po said...

Go neo! Wish I could read it.

neolithic said...

Thanks ladies.

@Po, I will put a link to the story at the bottom of the blog, when I get the time.