01 October 2007

My dad's curryfish driving me up the wall!!!!!!!!!

Usually my beautiful sister makes us a killer lunch when Sunday arrives, but she was not home yesturday... and since I'm completely hopeless in the kitchen, my dad was left with the honour of making Sunday lunch. Now my dad (bless his soul) is not a bad cook. In fact, he is actually very good for a man who is almost 60. His only problem is that he has this thing with potatoes...he puts them in every single dish he makes!!! Sunday lunch would usually consist of potato salad, mashed potatoes, roasted/fried potatoes and if he's making stew ( u guessed it right) then that will definately have potatoes in it. His only argument is that they are healthy and believe me he does not buy the whole argument about potatoes being carbs...My dad says " they are vegetables, so they must be healthy"... then he carries on peeling his precious potatoes. When he decided to make us fish instead, I was very happy. I think I nearly let out a tear of joy. Then I came back home from church to the realisation that maybe potatoes weren't so bad afterall because I had clearly forgotten that CURRYFISH was my dad's other vice. Now he's been making it the same way for as long as I can remember. It's got these huge half-cooked onion rings in it and absolutely no CURRY taste to speak of, it is really watery and horrific and the one he made yesturday had no salt in it either.... so I finaly snapped!!!! Believe me it wasnt pretty and I felt so bad afterwards because I know that my dad thinks that he's the best curryfish cook, this side of Pretoria. So he's really mad at me now and he retorted by dissing my non-existent cooking skills (ouch that hurt). But my objective wasn't achieved because he vowed to make me better curryfish next Sunday so I guess I put my foot in it yet again... I can already imagine my mom looking down on me and laughing herself silly!! Anybody wanna invite me for Sunday lunch next week??

No comments: