20 September 2007

reality sucks


Got my first reality check way back in 1995 when my brother passed away, then again last year when my mom passed on as well and since then I've learnt that shit happens and that nothing lasts forever..........

So my latest dose of reality came last night when I realised that 2day was going to be the last day that I was ever gonna be in the same classroom as my buddy (lets call her Miss Smarty-pants). Miss Smarty-pants and I have been buddies since we arrived on campus..........last year we lost 3 members of our crew, then we were the only ladies left in a crew of four so we've gotten pretty close in past couple of months, but alas, now she 's going head-first into the media world of SA to mingle with shlebs and wanabees for a living ( how cool is that?)

I on the other hand, will have to stay on campus and toil away at my school work and spend all my free time with the boys ( which aint too bad but still...). I mean I only start working in November or weneva I get done with axams. The worst of all will have to be on Puza Thursdays ( "puza" is the zulu word for "drink") when we used to chill and have a bottle of wine (or two....or three) at our favourite spot on campus... I mean the guys luv Amstel and I don't see them changing to wine and girl talk over the latest copy of Cosmo or SLmag any time soon...

Yeah, so Im sulking, so what? wouldn't you? so to miss Smarty-pants, luv ill miss ur laughter, spunk, attitude and snide little comments that only I got...

shot a lot luv!!!! and I guess we'll still hook up on the net n phone........but then again ur house is only 20minutes away so maybe I'm just being a drama-horse as ussual, u know u still here on earth for me to see and talk to when I'm bored in class, which is often so I guess I better buy lots of airtime then?

No comments: