17 September 2007

am getting too old for spring fair.......the horror!!!!!!!!!!

Tuks spring fair 2007 It hit me like a truck coming at me at full speed, after that I was devasted and I knew that life was never going to be the same again? What am I on about? We'll let me fiil you in... Every year on the 2nd Wednesday of September my buddies and I make our way to the Rag farm at the University of Pretoria (Tuks). It always happens that I have a test either that day or the day after but I'll still go because that is only half the fun and chances are the people I'm with are also going the same! The atmosphere is relaxed..student at a farm with 3 stages for House, Hiphop and Rock, the sun is blazing and were all wearing as little as possible with drinks going for R10 bucks a pop.......I know utter bliss!!!! U know there has to be a but right? and that is the fact that I'm getting too old for this coz I've been been going there since my High School days and every year less people that I used to go with, say that they're getting too old and refuse to go.I used to laugh at them but am now wiser!!!! I mean I was having lunch with my cuzins on friday and telling them about what happened @ Tuks when one of them said " oh it was this, week, I forgot!!" that statement put things into perspective for me...as well as the fact that i was surrounded by kids who were at least 10yrs younger than me ( ok maybe not but thats how I felt) and they were all going on and on about sneaking out the window and kissing boys for the first time and to add insult to injury THERE WAS NO HIP-HOP STAGE!!! So yes, I'm not going next year or any other year........I'm done!!!!!!!!! .........I'm too old!!!!!!!!!! ......I'll sit at home with a cup of tea and knit a jersey for my boyfriend....ok maybe not!!! but its just as bad, I mean I'm only 21 for pete's sake, what is this world coming 2? hmmmmmmm now I fell much better, thanks for listening!!

No comments: