07 May 2008

driving miss daisy

Let me start by making a confession "I hate driving". Now that we got that out of the way we can move on to bigger things like why I hate it so much. So you would be right to assume that that I was going to be content with a life of buses and taxis and not forgetting my personal favourite, lifts. I mean why be stuck in rush-hour traffic when you can catch a taxi and breeze through the traffic in the emergency lane? duhh! Anyway, eventually reality bit me in the ass (as it always does) and I realised that my dream job depended on me having a drivers' license as much as my writing skills. So I have been taking lessons from my sister and paying extra attention to what people are actually doing behind the wheel while I'm being driven somewhere (yes even in the taxi). I even took a driving lesson on my birthday, can u imagine?I almost drove into my neighbours gate because I was so nervous with my sister and her kids in the car. So yeah, although I am learning how to drive and think I look phly behind the wheel with my hater-blockers (sunglasses) on, I still envy those people chatting away in the back seat while relaxing with a burger in hand while I try not to forget to change gears, again.

No comments: