29 September 2008

hermanus Whale Festival in pictures

No that is not a hurricane, but it is a beautiful shot (even if I do say so myself). This is down at the Old Habour, where we were watching a reggae band perform. the cool thing was that the stage was on the other side of that body of water u see in front of the two police officers.
I took this picture from a restaurant/bar called Shimmis. it had the most beautiful view of the tent area as well of the sea. Clealy my aim was a bit off but im sure think u get the idea Taken from the same place, after a few drinks ..and what do u know...the picture quality was improving with every SoCo n Lime :) I managed yet another shot before i got tired of the flashing light reflecting on the glass windows and into my face.
Ah yes, what would a Sustainable lifestyle Expo at the hermanus Whale Festival be without some new age spirtitual whoosh-whoosh...I never got to asking what Sahaja yoga was though...sounds sore And yes before I could say Maize meal I was signing petitions to have genetically modified food labelled. i must say the guy with the petition wore an interesting jersey, think of a chess board in different shades of blue, but the block were huge...
The marimba band was amazing, loved them!

2 comments:

po said...

Cool photos. Were there whales at this whale festival?

neolithic said...

they're in the sea, my camera cant zoom in that far,