13 December 2008

I'm being eaten alive by creepy crawlies that fly!!!

Maybe that is a bit melodramatic but it sure feels like it. The thing with making a transition from city-life to being "one with nature" in the bundus, is that the idea of it seems so romantic. Rolling hills, lots of beautiful scenery, peace and quiet, no traffic etc. But the one thing that I forgot about in my dreamy little head was the bugs and how they enjoy feeding off dreamy tree-huggers in the hills. The good thing is that we don't have snakes (at least I have been told by a rather dodgy source). So I can deal with a few bugs feeding off me every once in a while, it is the circle of life afterall right? Since we have no cellphone reception, I have to up the hill (like Jack and Jill) every now and then to make a phonecall or two. The view is spectacular up there, the sunsets too. But all this is forgotten as soon as I get back to the house and constantly having to scrach myself after the bugs have finished their feeding fest. In fact, I am convinced that they now time my walks up the hill and call their relatives and neighbours to come and feast on the new arrival. The sad thing is I don't have the heart to squash them.. I imagine the conversation goes something like this: Bug1: we have something new to feed on Bug2: No, u kidding me!!! Bug1: Im not, can't u see my new shinny complection? Bug2: Now that u mention it, u do look kinda well-fed these days..so where is this? Bug1: *gives detailed description of my location* you should come through, in fact bring the whole neighbourhood with u', there is more than enough to go around. Bug2: Done! Ok, so maybe bugs don't speak English, but as I am taking a break from typing to scrach yet another spot on my back, I feel that this is adequate training for that reality show "Survivor". At least then I can be famous for being the girl who never complained about the bugs eating her alive because i am getting more than my fair share of practice down here in the bundus. I guess it really is "a bug's life!!"

2 comments:

po said...

Haha, poor you getting eaten alive. But the place you are at sounds quite special though

neolithic said...

thats one way of looking at it :)