29 January 2009

The relunctant hiker in search of cellphone reception

I have learnt to live with the fact that I can only get cellphone reception at certain points in the bundus. I have also learnt (to my horror) the fact that these points are never in the house next to the bar, they are always somewhere remote and very far to walk. Which explains why I have become a reluctant hiking enthusiast because I can only get reception at the top the hill. The view is unbelievable up there but I am always too lazy to go up. So, the one day I'm chilling by the dam when my cellphone beeps because I just got an sms. The sms was 2 weeks old but it was an sms nonetheless. I was so happy as that meant I could just go there instead up that hill (like Jack and Jill). But it seems that the reception by the dam is not strong enough for me to make calls or reply my two week old sms'. The other day I walked into the kitchen and my cellphone beeped again, I know what you're probably thinking by now, "why the hell do I carry my cellphone with me in a place with no cellphone reception anyway?". I don't know either. Recently, my cellphone has started to ring in my bedroom. But it only has reception when it's on the dresser and the damn thing(dresser) is too heavy for me to move. So it seems it's still the long walk up the hill for me. It sucks, I know, but it is doing wonders for my thighs. I mean even my shopping habbits have changed to accomodate my reluctant hiking status. Over the holiday I was at GAME with the family, and instead of hauting the music section, I was listening attentively to guy explaining to me which hiking tents, ropes, shoes (u name it) work better in the bundus..

No comments: