20 January 2009

since when is it cool to smell like disinfectant anyway?

So I walk into the office loo the other day and notice that the new year has brought fresh changes to our unisex toilets. I think someone made a new year's resolution to try and keep the air in there ultra germ-free ( whatever that means) because instead of regular air freshner smelling of lavender and what-not, we not have Dettol neutra-air treatment. The name doesnt roll off the tongue but I'm sure germs get a whiff of that stuff and simply disintergrate into whatever it is that they are meant to become. I mean really? but then again it's only air freshner right, we could always use a lil bit of extra CFCs in the air (it doesn't say CFC free on the can). I am thinking of carrying a can in my bag so i can spray it in the air whenever I drive past that sewerage plant in Pretoria on my way out of town. Anyway having had a whiff of that neutra-air ( smells kinda nice actually), I see an advert on TV advertising Dettol deodorant. I'm not much of a TV snob so this advert might be a bit old. I mean if I fall down a hill and get a tiny bruise, i'd wash that with some Dettol. Hell, I have been known to put some of that light green stuff in my bath water... but deododrant? What's next Dettol body cream? But now I am thinking, deodrant? since when is it cool to smell like disinfectant anyway?

2 comments:

po said...

Hmm, is Dettol the new Impulse?

I love your new header it is coool. You seem to move around a lot neoscribe, are you in Gauteng now? I cant keep up!

neolithic said...

hahhaha that should've been my title "It's official Dettol is the new Impulse"

I was in Gauteng to see family over the silly season.