24 February 2009

Unwanted cds make great doorstops

my cd collection is dwindling by the minute. From a vast collection of mostly hip hop music I bought over the years, I have only a few cds left. Mainly because I still expect people to bring back the cds they "borrowed" from me. If I had to chuck out all the "free" cds I got in Hype and SL magazine and all those dvd-rs with so much underground hip-hop on them that they make my head hurt, I am left with a few original local hip-hop cds. There really wouldn't be anything else because that is the only kind of music I am prepared to buy. Partly because it's cheap and I find some gems but mostly because the cd's get shoved in my face and I have no choice but to buy. The latter case is mostly with people I know or their friends who put one on guilt trips for "always whining that that we make crap music and when we bring good music out, you refuse to buy". At this time, I am already making a mental note to keep my big mouth shut.The price we pay for friendship, around R70/80 bucks at street level. Anyway, so I went thru my "collection" and found a cd that I bought a while back but never got to listen to it because I didnt understand the language or because it sucked. I decided to give it a chance today and it stil sounds awful. I would give it away as a present but the hippies don't listen to anything but new age whoosh-shosh and I would feel bad giving it to any other person because I suspect they already have it. So I found another use for it (and others like it) I use them as doorstops or sell them. And they work wonders.

2 comments:

po said...

Hehe you could use them as frisbees?

neolithic said...

my aim is a bit off, that might be dangerous Po