02 March 2009

I write lol and Im not even laughing

That is the name of this random group I joined on assbook the other day. Im one of those people who join groups that achieve absolutely nothing. But that is not the point of this post. The point of this post is that my use of emoticons is out of control and that I have way too much time on hands. The lol, lmao and smiley faces (that used to annoy the living daylights out of me in my past life) can now be found peppered all over my sms' and e-mails. This is a disease surely, but I am not sure if I am ready to be cured just yet...Which could only mean that I fall into the category of people who assume that it is important to inform others (the reader) when to laugh by inserting an emoticon... I mean since when is it safe to leave to decide for themseves when to laugh or not? They'll thank me one day for reminding them that I am laughing out loud while typing to them (at least that is what i would like to believe.Sometimes it is necessary to use then, especially to move the conversation along. Me: blah blah blah Friend: blah blah blah Me: OMG u so funny Friend: lmao Me: ha ha hahehehe :) you see the conversation lost its mojo and now we just using the emoticons and the lols to keep the conversation moving while we think up something else to say or find a reason to log off.

2 comments:

po said...

lol hahaha good post :)

Just kidding!

It is a good post though. I agree with you. I hate lol. But writing haha is just as bad.

neolithic said...

thanks Po, ur too kind