10 May 2009

Birthday resolutions

Here is how it goes. I wake up on the morning of my birthday and make a resolution. Then I just do it. So my birthday resolution for this year were: to start jogging and find a new drink (red doesn't do it for me anymore). So I woke up bright and early, well around 9am to be exact and put on my gym bunny clothes and off I went up the heel with the dog in tow and a bottle of water in my hand. You should have seen the determination on my face, Comrade marathon runners would be envious. But 10 minutes into my morning jog, I felt like my chest was on fire...*who said it was gonna be easy*. But I kept going and made it up the hill. I also had the Oom (grandad) watch me from the bottom of the hill with strict instuctions to come fetch me as soon as I fell down because I had a feeling I would but I didnt. I made it safely down the hill, wishing I had never gone up in the first place and feelings healthier nonetheless. So since they decided to have a braai. It was time to get my second bday resolution out of the way. And it was easier than I had expected. A hell of a lot more easier than that jog I took this morning. You see there had been tins of ginger ale strategically placed in the fridge and today I realised that it wasn't because my hosts were tired of cooldrink but they were to be used to "mix" with what will be reffered to as "my new favourite drink". I love it. The nice thing about birthday resolutions is that their soul purpose is to lift my mood on my bday only. That means I won't be running up the hill anytime soon unless if there is someone waiting for me with a drink in hand and a chopper to take me down afterwards. I think my exercise routine of jogging around the dinner table a few times was working wonders for me anyways. Lastly, since I have been neglecting this poor blog for some time, my third birthday resolution was to update it before getting back my unfinished glass of ginger what what....

2 comments:

po said...

Haha I have an image of my head with a chopper trailing you every morning while you jog. People will think you are a criminal being pursued!

Nice post.

neolithic said...

HAHAHAHHAA THAnks