14 July 2009

Shitsoup...

I coined that term this morning as it was the only befitting description for the shit soup I cooked last nite. If I was to present that to the food department at any boarding school or prison, I would have been promoted to head chef because it was really that awful. From reading prisoners stories about prison food and having my friends tell me how nasty boarding-school food was, I can say with confidence that I finally identify with their dismay. The only positive spin to this entire "shitsoup" mess-up has been to reinforce the fact that cooking should be left to people who actually know what the hell they are doing. Sllurping that mess, with carrots and bloody sweet potatoes swimming in it was the worst sense of self-inflicted torture I have ever done to my own psyche. I do not think I will ever recover! It was dreadful and I ended up settling for something that is impossible to mess up: Toasted cheese and tomato sandwich. Because I am damn well good at making a sandwich, but really who isnt?

No comments: