13 January 2010

house hunting...

Cape Town is a lot of things to a lot of people. To me its a sexy little town by the sea with a lot of hippies and generally badly dressed people who do not follow any fashion rules. I may be one of them, I am still unsure but yeah this is a great place with lots of contrasts and a lot of people want to live here with good reason.

Which is why I have been looking for a flat for the past two months and I feel like dropping a petrol bomb on all estate agents in town because they are all pretty useless at finding me a flat in the CBD. I mean, it is not like I am asking to live there for free (although that would be cool) I am a paying customer, u know.

So my search for a shoebox to live in continues and with the 2010 World Cup a few months away, you can bet your rent-money that these people will be charging an arm and a leg for (already overpriced) flats.



But I am still here and the search continues, I am thinking of making friends with the hobos in the meantime, as I have a feeling that I may be sharing park benches and carbboards with them in the Company Gardens soon..

No comments: