15 February 2010

My new home has a fantastic view


That is not the view from my window, but if I squint hard enough after the rain, I can convince myself that it is :)

After months of searching, I have finally found a place to rent in the middle of the Cape Town CBD and the view is fantastic. I get a view of Long Street as well as Devil's Peak (pictured) and Signal Hill on the other side.

So I get the best of both worlds but this is also because I do not have any curtains in my home, so I have no choice but to stare at my gorgeous view. All the rooms are empty, so I get a nice echo everytime I am on the phone :)

I live with my cousin and she is funny, so I am not bored living in the "Cave" as I have company and we can laugh it all off some of the things that are supposed to make us cringe.Yesturday we got a new Kettle and a Pan, it was so exciting but we realised that we do not own any cutlery so we sortalike had to measure out the coffee and sugar in our heads, which leads to interesting results.

But it is fun, we have our own place, which still needs to be fumegated but hey, one step at a time..

1 comment:

po said...

Sounds like a fantastic location, I am so jealous!