13 September 2007

Long street lives up to reputation

I'm back Before I even start talking about Long street, I think that it is only fair to warn you that I love going out way too much and part of the reason why I signed ma soul to the journalism profession was a vague hope that I would land a job as an entertainment reporter one day kinda like Nicky Greenwall from Showbiz report... but now that I'm a bit older and wiser I've realised that I am actually not a bad writer so now I want to write, damnit!!! so maybe ill probably end up like er,Gwen Gill. Moving right along, we went to Long street on our first day in the Mother City, which was a Saturday. We got things started by gatecrashing some UCT party in the area and just as we were about to be discovered as intruders from Pretoria, off we went to Long street.. We were club-hopping till the wee hours of the morning but we eventually settled for a club called...wait for it ...Joburg!! It was pretty much like the city itself..lots of disillusioned young people, loud music, bright lights...it was like dejavu hey!! But they were playing hiphop music, so we didn't really mind and to my friends' horror I even danced a bit.......anyone who know neolithic knows that I would rather die than dance, so this was history in the making!!! Over the week we were there, we frequented Long street a bunch of times but it eventually got boring coz it was always the same crowd... like the cameraman who pounces on you the minute u get drunk and takes ur pics for 5bucks but whom u neva see the minute u arrive looking fabulous! and all the creepy guys who rub themselves against u on the dancefloor, although they are old enough to be your dad,creepy stuff!! but we had we had fun nonetheless... Till next time.bye!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Howzit, good luck with your blogging it is worth it and in the long run you will get return on your time spent blogging. I edit Nicky Greenwall's website plus I monitor what people say about her so I can add some news to her blog, just in case you where wondering how i found you, I am not ones of those scary people at the nightclub. :)

neolithic said...

hey lantz
so Im guaranteed a comment from u each time I write her name....lank!!!

neolithic said...

hey lantz
so Im guaranteed a comment from u each time I write her name....lank!!!

MK said...

dont ever ever go to "joburg" its dingy and full of stinky people.its not a place where the hip ones hang.lol!

neolithic said...

@ luminous I think ur advice came too late...I did go to joburg already