19 May 2008

my cellphone is pretty...pretty useless

You probably know by now that I love to whine. That's just me, I'm a whiner. So today my cellphone is my subject of choice. I wasn't lying in the subject line though,it really is a pretty little thing. It even has a whell-thinga-ma-bobby that you use to navigate with, hence I bought it about five months ago. It has already been in for repairs because the "ok" button stopped working. So I took it back to the shop and they supposedly fixed it. But now another button doesn't want to work, so I have to press extra hard if I want to scroll down. I was looking through the contract and it basically says that it is still under warranty so I guess I could take it back and spend another month with no contact with the outside world. ..NOT!! Because I'm moving far far away to the bundus and I am going to need my cellphone. With load-shedding I am probably going to need it to see in the dark as well. Now I regret not listening to my sister when she warned me not to buy a cellphone that is manufactured by a company known to excell in the production of kitchen appliances, rather than cellphones. But it really is a pretty (useless) phone now and I won't be able to afford another one for the next couple of months or decades BECAUSE this moving thing is going to be costly BUT ALSO because my dad bought me this particular phone after I begged for it, so I doubt he'll be rushing off to buy me a new one anytime soon.

No comments: