08 May 2008

weaves, extentions...and the like

Let me start of by declaring that I am keep my hair as short as possible. Blame it on ma whole tom-boy phase or apartheid:) but I've never really warmed to the idea of having all that plastic on my head because with load-shedding and having to use candles these days, I think its best to stay away from flammable products. But I think extentions might be made of real human hair, I'm too lazy to ask...back to my point What got me thinking about this is that I was out with some of my girls at the weekend and this other one (lets call her Little Miss Sunshine) had a weave in the boot of her car, safely tucked into her sneakers...yep apparently because the sneakers are the next best thing since she don't want her man finding it in her handbag. I thought that was a bit weird but that's just me. Two weeks ago I was chilling with my other girl (call her Miss Thang) and she was busy frying her hair into submission so that she can put in new extentions D-I-Y style. Obviously this was a big moment in my life because I could finally see how she puts them on. Well she used glue, looked a bit like superglue to me but she promised it wasn't. When she was done Miss Thang looked as phly as hell. So next time you see me going all feminist on a guy or girl who makes fun of my buddy's weave or extentions, please note that its not because I am some fake hair-obssessed drama-horse... I really am not, it's actually because I know what they go through to look phly for ya'll, the least you can do is pretend that you understand why she got a weave with blonde steaks on.

2 comments:

Blackbrother said...

I pride myself in being pro black, a big supporter of keeping it "real". Until the Missus had tham on and boy did she look "phly" ( But the next morning they looked dreadfull, but that was my fault)

neolithic said...

hahahahaha, u freak u!!!