26 August 2008

the new paparazzi for non-celebrities

Now that everyone and their mommy's friend has a camera phone, there is nowhere for us to hide. I will admit to having a good laugh when I page through pictures of celebrities caught in uncompromising situations in Cosmopolitan and Heat magazine, but that's to be expected...they are celebs afterall. So why the hell do people who classify themselves as "friends" get off on taking really unflaterring pics of each other and posting them on the internet. Surely a picture of a drunk student puking in a parking-lot is not as valuable as one of Britney Spears doing the same thing? I find this trend ugly and disturbing. One of the conclusions i have come up with is that it's all in the name of fun, but at the expense of someones dignity?... Another conclusion is that people will go out of their way to embarass you just because they feel like it... Whatever happened to the days when you can just get wasted with a bunch of friends and not worry about it making an appearance on "facebook", life was so much easier when all that mattered was your parents not finding out. now u can walk into a coffee shop and have the guy behind the counter remember you as "that chick" in that "video". So I now think that i should release that music video afterall, so people can pay for my ugly pictures...and maybe just maybe, i will be able to understand what drives people to such cheerful cruelty, but then again I might be rich and famous and might not actually care.

6 comments:

Colleen said...

I hate to say it but people are for the most part, dimwits. Having low expectations of them seems like the best plan :)
but hell yes, get rich and famous if you can from cashing in on the dimwittedness!
Then you can use some of your wealth for good things! (and also remember your friends :))

neolithic said...

dimwits, that just about sums it up for me.

neolithic said...

@ spacevein, I get ur point but it sucks that I have to compose myself when I am around my friends, just in case...I hate that.

SPACEVEIN THE GIRL WASHER said...

@ Betty..your friends arent your real friends then..if you have to act in other ways you dont feel like around them...kinda mean thing to say.

neolithic said...

@space cant believe u just called me that ...oh crap.

u missing my point, I meant that i would be forced to act if i didnt ma pics on facebk or whateva. But my friends are deliquents and so am i ...no acting required :)

neolithic said...

excuse my bad spelling