08 September 2008

please stop the music

So my criss-crossing around the Cape has landed me in a commune, somewhere near a train station. I like the place, it's got character. the place is owned by an Indian guy, who lives with his family and shares the rather large house with the rest of us dilinquents. So, there is the smell of insence upstairs, my room has a large chandelier that lights up like a freeking Christmas Tree..like I said lots and lots of charecter in this house. I am sharing my space with a medical student. She is from a place far far away (can't remember the name) and pretty naive about life in the big city but that's a story for another day. Then there are other UCT students roaming around the house, but my hopes for all-night partying were dashed as soon as I met everyone. The only kind of party one can possibly hope for among this crop of future academeic assassins, is one involving a hymm book and a couple of verses from the Bible. You can imagine what it must be like to be a dilinquent in a house full of "serious" students, not fun. Needless to say that I was subjected to a marathon session of gospel music and Ringo Madlingozi on a SUnday night. At first I was like "how bad can this be" and tried to listen, but 3 hours later I was about ready to kill someone. I'm sure Ringo is a nice chap, and his music is beautiful. But at 3am on a Monday morning, the last thing I wanna be hearing is "Dolly" or "ngiyagodola" when I am trying to get my sleep on.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

OMG poor you! I'd be outta there like a bat out of hell. Maybe you could pretend to be practicing some kind of occult rituals and scare them away?

neolithic said...

i am thinking of brigning a stuffed bat and signing to it or something...