11 September 2008

The shape of things to come

In the not too distant future, one Jacob Zuma will be sitting in the Union Buildings running the show. Yes, I have accepted it now. I cannot change it, so I am going to get over it already. But while we wait with bated breath for this eventuality, his court case is continuing in KZN. This means that there are people who are getting ready to go stage a night-virgil (I hope that's how it is spelt) outside the court in solidarity with Jacob. very touching indeed. But some of those people happen to be teachers who are busy with exams. That should be reason enough for them to miss out (just this once) but no, not our Sadtu (teachers union). Instead they are asking for exams to be moved in order for them to attend the night-virgill ...I'm beginning to wonder as to what happens there..what do they get up besides signing Umshini-wam and dancing a little bit? it has to be big if they want EXAMS to be moved so that they can have a day off. maybe I'm sitting here nagging when i shoul be making my way to KZN for a lekker jol outside the court-house...hmmm maybe but highly unlikely So if this court case continues while Zuma is in office, then maybe the court dates will be marked off as special holidays on the calendar...is this really the shape of thing to come? its not looking good for the media, justice system and now the education dept?? what's next?

4 comments:

po said...

Hmm, I would have hope in SA that education would come before everything else, but it seems not to be :(

neolithic said...

I am so disappointed Po, thats what sparked off this post for me...sad lot these teachers turned out to be,

po said...

Hey nemesis, I just saw Zuma's charges were dropped. What do you think? I think it was inevitable. I just pray he does the best he can for the majority of people in SA.

neolithic said...

yeah I think u right. At the end of the day, I guess, he's not running the country by himself. So if he has the right people in his cabinet,then it really doesnt matter if he's a president or not