13 August 2009

Purses & murses

Isn't the title just beautiful? I am assuming that a murse is a male purse. Aparently since the swine flu panic, wearing a mask at Rhodes University is just as fashionable as having a purse & murse. But really talking about swine flu is boring. My medical aid doesn't even cover it. But then again, I deactivated that %$#* a month ago so I am guessing the government hospital doesn't cover it either. Well, isn't poverty just beautiful.. Anyway, back to purses. I went thru my purse a moment ago and realised how stupid the idea of having a purse really is. Especially when your perpetually broke. I cant put my coins in that large space made for a cheque book or R100 notes. Those little compartments made for cards are also pretty empty. I gave up trying to fill them up with every "free' card i could get my hands on. But even with a Clicks, Exclusive Books and Ster Kinekor movie card.. it still looks pretty empty. I do not have a credit card because my dad said it's the devil and I decided not to challenge this particular statement as he would eventually be the one who has to bail me out when I owe R8000 on a credit card and can't even remember what I bought with it. U know how easy it is for one coffee at Vida e Cafe a day to turn into a habit and the next thing u know... anyway, purses & murses for boys and girls huh?

2 comments:

po said...

Yeah I cam too scared to actually use a credit card for... credit, who knows where it could lead?

neolithic said...

yeah, i don't wana know. I might like it there ha ha ha