01 September 2009

*&^% the excel spreadsheet

I mean didn't old Bill Gates say Microsoft was supposed to make our life easier? Buy the Windows 2000 and whatever and you're on you way to typing excellence. No more worrying and fiddling with Tables, Excel is here for u. Wasn't that the whole point of calling the package "wondows"?
I hate Excel. I think I hate it more because our Mrs Coetzee there at the journo dept. thought it would be useful for her proteges to learn Microsoft Access instead (which I hated more). She said something about running queries and what-not.
What happened to the days of journalists only needing a typewriter, some hard facts and a cup of strong coffee (maybe with a dash of kahlua). I mean, I have a nice little database here and now I have been struggling to copy and paste an address because it keeps disappearing to the top of the page and there is a funny code next to it like "G169"... what the hell is this "G169" and why does Excell think it's a good idea to make codes that i did not put in? I find that a little arrogant, the nerve of Microsoft Excell ! (you will notice that at this point Microsoft Axcell has taken on a more human face for me to be able to vent properly)
I wana sue someone

1 comment:

po said...

I don't think i can count the umber of times I have sworn at some aspect of windows, especially the new vista crap. Oh my but it is annoying!